Friday, April 16, 2010

Paris to Ancaster

Forget about the Paris-Roubaix. That was last weekend. Swiss rider Fabian Cancellara won that European Spring Classic. This weekend it's Canada's Spring Cycling Classic. The 17th Edition of the Paris to Ancaster. I'll be elsewhere (birding most likely) but I'm sure there will be a few St. Catharines CC members riding the roughest farm lanes, trails and gravel roads that Brant County has to offer.

Here's some great footage from the 2009 Paris to Ancaster. St. Catharines' Jenny Brown can be seen riding through the creek bed while other riders make due on foot. I've never entered this race but I'm sure I would be one of the riders pushing or carrying their bike through that section. Other than a few spinning classes, I have to yet to sit myself down on a bike this year. I'll have to get out soon.

Birding on the other hand is going well. Last weekend, Jean and I assisted with the Buffalo Ornithological Society (BOS) spring count. Tale to be posted in the near future. This weekend is set aside for ticking Boreal species. Hopefully the Boreal tale will contain a lifer or two.





No comments:

Post a Comment