Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day


A few years ago, a neighbour from up the street exclaimed to me, "Today is a beautiful day!". I could not have agreed more with José. The sun was shining and the temperature was perfect. It truly was a beautiful day. José would inform me once again that it was a beautiful day, not due to the weather but because it was Canada Day!

Jose (an immigrant from Peru) has since moved to another residence with his young family and not a year goes by that I don't think of that Canada Day when he stood on the sidewalk in front of my house and joyously pronounced it was a beautiful day.

So today, while Jean and I are birding, I'll take great pride in knowing it truly is a beautiful day, even if we are unsuccessful in ticking the much needed Black-billed Cuckoo and Field Sparrow that were recently reported on Ontbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment